Thursday, February 27, 2014

Season 9 Predictions!

Well, since I'm starting a new season, I might as well change things up. I had one season of posts about humans and another about Time Lords. I've seen two episodes of Season 9 as of writing this, so I can't really pick a theme (one will probably emerge anyway), so instead, I'm going to predict!

Yes, it will be wild and random speculation on what is coming up. But it should be fun to see how wrong (or maybe right?) I was.

Day of the Daleks

Well, the Doctor has one, so the Daleks might as well too. And interestingly, both are about stable time loops caused by changing a crucial event in history. 

Ooh, ooh! And the Blinovitch Limitation Effect! I had no idea that was actually a thing in the TV series. I thought it was just from the books! But no, the Doctor actually says it in this episode!

Also, I watched the special edition of this one, with the new Dalek voices, and it is so weird seeing classic Daleks talking like Nick Briggs. 

The Curse of Peladon

In which Jo Grant falls in love with a wimpy ruler, the Time Lords interfere completely unnecessarily (and illegally by their standards), and Ice Warriors turn out to be good.

Also, Hermaphrodite Hexapods.

The Sea Devils

I've heard the Master shows up in this one. Despite the fact that he's currently in jail. Then again, rumors that the Master is coming back have been true when he's currently dead so a little jail isn't going to stop him.

Also, something to do with being on a watery planet? Or maybe something coming out of the see on earth?

I doubt it's actual devils, at any rate. We already got that in The Daemons, and I've never heard any references to the Pertwee era when people talk about The Satan Pit.

The Mutants

Mutated...people. Daleks? No, though I believe that was an episode of The Daleks.

Possibly something set entirely on earth, where some sort of alien thing (or radiation, it's always radiation, no wonder that's why Three regenerated) has caused people to begin to change into monsters. 

The Time Monster

This one definitely has the coolest title (outside of the one that has the word "Dalek" in it, for obvious reasons). 

Something like a weeping angel or a reaper, that feeds of some kind of temporal disturbance? Something the Time Lords got the Doctor to investigate because it was doing damage to time?

Or maybe a time traveling monster that doesn't acutally care about time other than as a means of getting around.

Or maybe it's just a monster that's traveling with the Master in his TARDIS.


Let's see how far off I was! Should be fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment